Follow us on Twitter
- RT @OntarioSoilCrop: Nominate a Soil Champion today! The winner will be announced at the 2018 Annual Conference in February. #SoilHealth ht… 3 days ago
- #BadgerWay is back! Up to 75% cost-share to create new or connect existing habitat, perennial crops, trees, grasses. ontariosoilcrop.org/oscia-programs… 3 days ago
- Working on next #OSCIA newsletter, taking cover shots... #MissDixie always wants to see what's going on and be the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Oxford #OSCIA meeting 7:30 tonight @LeapingDeerFarm with @OMAFRA's Ben Rosser and @PappleTyler tvrscia.wordpress.com/oxford-county/ 4 days ago
- #fireflies are out in full force tonight in the #GDA but they're just too quick to get a good pic! #lightningbugs :) 6 days ago
- RT @sebonsoils: Join us for the first annual of Eastern Soil Management Day! Register at esmd.eventbrite.ca. There are only 60 places… 1 week ago
- Great shot, but not great news.... hope no damage in the outer #GDA twitter.com/darrylw71/stat… 1 week ago
- @darrylw71 @ontariotornado #onstorm didn't see #funnelclouds south of the #GDA - thankfully! We could use some rain, but not that! 1 week ago
- Near #SwiftCurrent #Sask. It's HOT and dry.... https://t.co/z2TEhxnkQB 1 week ago
- #whodathunk way up here, in the middle of nowhere....cell service #Koodo https://t.co/Zhhckn8fo3 2 weeks ago
Middlesex #OSCIA Cover Crop Tour Tues Oct 7 with @ONCoverCrops , Glencoe #ontag
Cover Crop Tour
Tuesday, October 7th
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Location: 3997 Century Drive just north of Parrish and Heimbecker Elevator at North Glencoe.
Host: David McEachren
This 95 acre farm has a very detailed plot design with many different types of cover crops planted into winter wheat; plot design is setup to be no-tilled into corn next spring to evaluate results.
Topics to be addressed include:
Cover Crops; types, seeding, stands, root growth and costs.
Soil Health; organisms, nutrient cycling and root growth.
Compaction; tire sizes, inflation and controlled traffic.
U of G cover crop research results; Ann Verhallen.
At 7:00 a Beef on a bun supper will be served for the nominal cost of $5.00 per person.
To help with meal planning please RSPV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday evening October 3rd.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.